FIGHTING FOR TAXPAYERS:
Jeff Helgeson stands up for taxpayers by:
- pushing for lower real estate tax rates.
- opposing water and sewer rate increases.
- supporting dropping and eventually removing the “common good fee” from homeowners’ water bills.
Jeff Helgeson has been working to defend homeowners by:
- opposing zoning changes when they would over-populate new developments close to otherwise peaceful, existing communities.
- helping property owners gain concessions from developers to address neighbors’ concerns.
- working to maintain attractive, peaceful neighborhoods while retaining individual private property rights.
Jeff Helgeson works to keep homes, streets and businesses safe for citizens by:
- supporting adequate compensation for police, firefighters and EMS personnel.
- providing public safety and emergency personnel with the latest technology and equipment.
- working with citizens and city administrators to increase public participation in fighting crime and reducing urban blight.
Jeff Helgeson works to improve education for schoolchildren by:
- promoting public accountability.
- pressing for measurable results.
- supporting qualified leadership.
- asking the difficult questions and expecting concrete results to prepare schoolchildren for the future.
PROMOTING CONSERVATIVE VALUES:
Jeff Helgeson works to promote conservative values by:
- educating the public about wasteful spending, while fighting for fiscal discipline.
- defending 2nd Amendment rights for homeowners and city employees.
- personally supporting a variety of pro-family, pro-life causes and campaigns.
- volunteering for over a decade as a big brother in the Big Brother/Big Sister program in Central Virginia.